Sunday, May 1, 2011

HW 49 - Comments on Best of Your Break HW

My comments to my Thinking/Writing groups:

Sarah's blog:

Sarah,

I really liked the fact that you interview your aunt, and your friends mothers as a change of "norm", it made reading your blog more interesting to read. I found it interesting how for your aunts family (also your family) they believed in an afterlife, and that ones life continues in a different realm. The reason i said in's interesting is because, I find it interesting, that in most cultures, and majority of people on this planet, believe in an afterlife or some sort. But i wonder why we believe that, is it an unexplainable feeling? or is it a belief that's been imbedded in us? For your mom's friend I thought it was a bit heart wrenching that she had to see her own dead parent, I don't know how i would handle seeing one of my relatives, and I wouldn't know what to do with their corpse. But for your mothers friend to cremate her fathers corpse I thought it was an interesting option, because that's someone you knew and to turn their body into ash, I think is pretty bold. Before reading grave matters i had already known that funerals were expensive, so i thought that the main reasons people cremated their loves ones for two reasons, won to keep a physical part of them at their homes or wherever, and second because it's cheaper. Anyway, your blog was a smooth read, and interesting most of all, I don't have anything negative to say, except for good job, and look forward to the next to come
-Rigel

Their are a few typos, all of the times i meant to type "your" my phone put "you're", freaking auto-correct, ignore them, thank you.

---------------
Anthony's Blog:

Anthony,

your blog was an interesting read, it had very good comparisons and stories. You interviewing a grown woman, and a child was what made reading this interesting. The first person you interviewed is obviously very dedicated to taking care of the deceased, but a question that came to mind when reading this is, is she superstitious? because you said she prays over the body, once every hour. For your next interviewee, I can tell he's like most people in our generation, we accept death because we know it affects everyone. For feedback though, your second interview (the kid) wasn't long enough, you just ended it, and i feel like you could of said more. Other than that, not bad, and i look forward to your next blog.

-Rigel

Their are a few typos, all of the times i meant to type "your" my phone put "you're", freaking auto-correct, ignore them, thank you.

---------------
Felipe's Blog:

Felipe,

first I'd like to point out, your blog page makes me keep thinking that there's a glitch, cause it looks like my blog site, but i like how your blog page is in reverse, first time seeing that so neat background. Now for you blog, very in depth, short, good topic/points. I like how your blog analyzed the process of taking care of the corpse than the care of the already embalmed. One of my favorite quotes on your blog was "The idea of the dead accepting their own death is rarely something you hear about", because people believe that the dead go to another realm/afterlife, so do they think about their own death. I just thought that was a good statement, gives people something to think about. Good blog, do more homework, so i can read your next blog.

-Rigel

Their are a few typos, all of the times i meant to type "your" my phone put "you're", freaking auto-correct, ignore them, thank you.

-----------------
Jess C's Blog:

Jessica,

your blog made me reflect a lot back to mine, the way you described how funerals go, and what they mean is the way my mother described it for my homework 48, people gather, rekindle, and go back to a home or hall and eat and etc. Not a big deal but for me it struct me because i've never been to a funeral, so i cant imagine eating at one, and to hear that food plays a role surprises me. One of the things i liked about your blog was that it was short, and went straight to the point, which are my favorite type of things to read. One feedback I'd give you is use more capital words in the beginning of each sentence, so that way it'll be more of an organize read, and will flow. Other than that good job, and look forward to reading more of your blogs to come.

-Rigel

---------------------------------------------------------------
Comments on my blog:

My Uncles Comment:

Rigel,

your blog was a decent read, but was mostly a quoted story, rather a narrative story with your thoughts and ideas using quotes, or even an interview. One of the reasons it wasn't too bad was because your questions to your mother, got you a long story, which gave me all the info to understand her experience. Which is what made your blog good, the reason 'm a bit disappointed with it is because it lacks what your title says it would be about "your families perspective", you didn't say what your moms perspective on the care of the dead was. Other than that not bad, but i look forward to a better blog next time.

- Alix

----------------------

My little cousin's comment:

I liked your blog because it told me the story about great grandmas death, and i was amazed to read how much our family bonded and was all together, more than it is today. It's almost like most things in life, people only come together after a tragedy, I guess that's how people heal emotionally, and once we get better we go on with our lives, until the next emotional wound. The only feedback I would give you is the same as uncle Alix, so next time focus on the main topic. Good job though.

-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment